Acceptable use policy and website use terms
BY REGISTERING FOR AND USING THE STREETBEES WEBSITE AND APPLICATION, YOU CERTIFY THAT:
(1) YOU ARE BOTH AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD OR ANY OLDER MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED IN YOUR COUNTRY TO BE ABLE TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND;
(2) YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND BIND YOURSELF OR THE PERSON YOU REPRESENT.
We are Streetbees.com Limited, a limited company registered in England (“Streetbees”, “we”, “us” and “our”). Our registered company number is 09177215, and our registered office is located at 10 Orange Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 7DQ. Our VAT registration number is GB197-413-384.
These are the terms and conditions for the website www.streetbees.com (the “site”) and/or for any web or mobile application we provide (the “application”). They set out the contractual basis on which you may access the site or the application and use our services. They apply to all users of and visitors to the site or application. The site and application are operated by or on behalf of Streetbees and, by accepting these terms and conditions (the “Ts and Cs”), you will enter into a contract with Streetbees.
Streetbees is a market research company, and we run various surveys (we call these surveys the “stories”) for individuals across the world (we call these individuals the “Bees”). As a Bee, you can complete one of our stories either through our site or through the application, by answering questions or uploading photographs or videos. Some of our stories are rewarded stories, i.e. stories for which the Bees receive a reward for successfully completing and submitting a story.
Your use of any of the services offered on the site or application (the “services”) as well as your use of the site or application itself are subject to these Ts and Cs and by using any of them you agree to be bound by these Ts and Cs. You should print a copy of these Ts and Cs for future reference and, if you do not agree with any provision of these Ts and Cs, you should not use the site or application.
These Ts and Cs were last updated on 17/03/2021.
USING THE SITE AND/OR APPLICATION
Access to the site or application is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on the site or through the application anytime without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the site or application is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may reserve access to some parts of the site or application, or to the entire site or application, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the site or application. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the site or application through your internet connection are aware of these Ts and Cs, and that they comply with them.
REGISTERING WITH US – BECOMING A BEE
To complete stories, you must first register to set up an account with us by completing the account registration form available on the site or by following the on-screen instructions in the application. You only need to register once.
To register, you must be at least 13 years of age or any older minimum age required in your country to enter into a contract and/or (if and when applicable) to consent to personal data processing. By using the site or application, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement and that, if you are under the age of 18, that you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using the site or application.
You are responsible for the accuracy of information you provide us. You must promptly update your account information online in the event of any change in this information.
Registration is subject to approval by us in all cases, and we reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to decline any application for registration, without having to provide any justification.
Once your registration is completed, these Ts and Cs should be considered as the basis for Streetbees’ contractual agreement with each Bee.
BEE ACCOUNT SOCIAL SIGN UP
You may be able to create a Bee account and then access to said Bee account through Facebook or Google+, or connect your Bee account to Facebook or Google+.
Please note that your relationships with Facebook and Google+ are exclusively governed by their privacy policies, terms and conditions and other specific policies. We disclaim any liability for breach of these policies and terms and conditions by Facebook or Google+.
PASSWORD FOR YOUR BEE ACCOUNT
Upon registering for a Bee account with us, you will be asked to create a password. You must keep your password confidential at all times and use it only to access to your Bee account and not for any other purpose. You are the only authorised user of your Bee account and, accordingly, you must not disclose your password to anyone else. You should contact us immediately upon discovering any unauthorised use of your Bee account or error in the operation of your password.
Any breach of this clause 4 of the Ts and Cs and/or any use of your Bee account by anyone to whom you would have disclosed your password will be treated as if the breach or use had been carried out by you, and will not relieve you from your obligations to us.
You must cease to use your Bee account and delete the password for your account upon termination of your account for whatever reason.
The services we provide are described on the site and application.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for any usage you make of any of the services.
Our stories may cover quite specific topics and it is possible that you may not have enough experience or knowledge around the topic for you to properly be able to answer the questions posed. Each story will usually begin by asking a few basic questions, in order to ascertain whether you have the necessary experience and knowledge to take part to the story. If we believe you do not, we will inform you that you are ineligible for that story, and you will not be able to continue. You will not receive any reward where you are deemed to be ineligible to participate to a story.
You understand that we can keep your story responses for as long as we need to complete all of the purposes for which they were gathered.
Once you have registered to become a Bee, you become a member of our Bee community and can start completing stories. Participating to these stories will make you able to participate to prize draws, earn rewards or have access to more stories as well as become a member of our Bee community.
Some of our stories are rewarded stories. These are stories where you will receive a reward for successfully submitting your story responses. Rewards may be in the form of a voucher, an entry into a prize draw, a payment to your PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account, a bank transfer or another benefit.
The type of reward you will receive for successful completion of a rewarded story will be displayed to you before you start the rewarded story. You cannot request a different form of reward to that which is indicated.
We are not obliged to honour rewards that are the result of obvious errors and which you should reasonably be expected to know are mistakes.
Where Streetbees considers your story response is ineligible or invalid, you will not receive any reward.
If you wish to participate to a rewarded story where the reward is stated to be in the form of a credit to your PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account, you will need to provide us with the email address associated to such PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account, as well as with any other details which would be necessary in order to process such credit. It is your obligation to ensure you enter the correct details, failing which we will not be able to pay you. If the details associated to such PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account change for any reason, it is your responsibility to update them on the “My Profile” section of the site or application.
We will not be responsible for any such payment being made to an incorrect PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account, where we have paid the agreed funds based on the details provided by you at the time you completed and submitted the rewarded story.
Where a payment into your PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account fails for any reason, we may contact you in the first instance, in order to find out why the payment was not successful. We may then attempt, at our absolute discretion, to process your payment again, where we understand the fault was not due to incorrect PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork details.
Please note that such payments into your PayPal, Segovia, Transfer To, Transferwise or Upwork account are governed by their own terms and conditions, privacy policies and other policies and, as long as we have paid the agreed reward to the agreed account on time, we cannot be held liable for any issue related to such payments.
Similarly, in case of reward taking the form of a bank transfer, as long as we have paid the agreed reward to the agreed bank account on time, we cannot be held liable for any issue related to such transfer, for which you should contact your bank directly.
You agree, warrant and understand that any story response you submit shall not:
- contain, transmit, distribute, link to or otherwise make available, or advertise or promote any content that infringes any intellectual property rights or data protection, privacy or other rights of any other person, is defamatory or in breach of any contractual duty or any obligation of confidence;
- contain another individual’s personal data unless this has been expressly requested by us and the individual has consented to be bound by these Ts and Cs before you submitted the story response;
- be obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, inciteful of violence or hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory (on any ground), liable to cause anxiety, alarm or embarrassment, knowingly false or misleading;
- breach any of the applicable laws and regulations or be otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity; or
- transmit or distribute any virus and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements.
Breach of the above will automatically make you ineligible for reward and may lead to immediate suspension of your account.
CHANGES TO THE SERVICE AND TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may revise these Ts and Cs at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we may be making, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Ts and Cs may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the site or application.
It is our policy continually to review and update our service offerings, so that we reserve the right to make changes to any service, reward and/or to these Ts and Cs from time to time, provided that no such change will affect any story you have already started or any reward already owed to you.
All major and material changes to these Ts and Cs will be notified to you, in advance of such changes taking effect whenever this is possible. If any change is unacceptable to you, you should cease using the site and application, as these Ts and Cs constitute the contractual basis of your relationship with Streetbees. If, however, you continue to use the site or application after the date on which such changes to the Ts and Cs come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.
SERVICE SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We may, from time to time, with or without prior notice, temporarily suspend the operation of any of the services and/or of the site or application (in whole or in part) for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade any contents, features or functionality.
We may, with or without prior notice, terminate these Ts and Cs or any other contract between you and us in relation to the services (the “contract”) or suspend and/or terminate any service and/or your use of your Bee account in the event we determine, in our discretion, that you have breached any of the provisions of these Ts and Cs.
If you have breached these Ts and Cs, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Such a breach by you may result in our taking, with or without notice, any or all of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content submitted by you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use any service;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site and/or application;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all recoverable loss and damage resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of all relevant information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The actions described above are cumulative but not limitative, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
We may terminate these Ts and Cs and your Bee account at anytime for any reason by providing you no less than 30 days’ notice.
In case we decide to withdraw your right to use a service, the site or the application:
- all rights granted to you under these Ts and Cs in relation to the use of said service, site or application will immediately cease;
- the accrued rights, remedies, obligations and liabilities of each party as at expiry or termination shall not be affected, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of these Ts and Cs which existed at or before the date of termination or expiry;
- any sections of these Ts and Cs which expressly or by implication have effect after termination shall continue in full force and effect; and
- you must promptly discontinue all use of the relevant service, site or application.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Ts and Cs. The responses described in these Ts and Cs are cumulative but not limitative, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
ACCESS TO THE SITE OR APPLICATION
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet, phone or other mobile device) meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the site or application and is compatible with the site or application.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the site or application. There may be times when certain features, parts or contents of the site or application, or the entire site or application, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the site or application, or any features, parts or content of the site or application.
WHAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO
You may only use the site or application for non-commercial purpose and only in accordance with these Ts and Cs. You may answer the questions and perform the submission tasks proposed to you in a story and provide information in the format prescribed (i.e. multiple-choice questions, written text, photographs, videos). You may retrieve and display content from the site or application on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the site or application and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link.
You shall be solely responsible for carrying out all necessary back up procedures for your own benefit in the event of loss or deletion of your information or data on the site or application for any reason.
WHAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms, you are not allowed to:
- ‘scrape’ content or store content of the site or application on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the content of the site or application;
- remove or change any content of the site or application or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the site or application or the servers on which they are hosted; or
- create links to the site or application from any other website, without our prior written consent, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the site or application, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
You also agree and warrant:
- not to assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of your rights or obligations under these Ts and Cs without our prior written consent;
- not to share any individual’s personal data unless this was expressly requested by us and the individual has consented to be bound by these Ts and Cs before you submitted the story response;
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the site or application in contravention of the provisions of these Ts and Cs; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the site or application;
- any equipment or network on which the site or application is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the site or application; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You must only use the site or application and anything available from the site or application for lawful purposes, complying with all applicable laws and regulations, in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates. You shall not use the site or application:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; or
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
- in any way that would represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing; or
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; or
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards ; or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
All rights granted to you under these Ts and Cs will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the site or application (“contributions”), including but not limited to the story responses.
For all contributions, you must comply with the letter of the following standards as well as with their spirit. These standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to the whole of said contributions.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these Ts and Cs, and you shall indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
You agree and warrant that contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with all applicable laws in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
You agree and warrant that contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- infringe the rights of privacy of any person;
- contain someone else’s personal data, unless you make sure this individual has consented to be bound by these Ts and Cs and this was requested by us and is necessary for the purpose for which the contribution is being provided;
- contain your personal data unless requested by us and necessary for the purpose for which the contribution is being provided;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as (by way of example only) a contractual duty or a duty of confidence to anyone;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Any contribution you upload to the site or application will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such contribution for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any contribution posted or uploaded by you on the site or application constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any contribution posted by you or any other user of the site or application.
We have the right to remove any contribution or posting you make on the site or application if, in our opinion, such contribution does not comply with the content standards set out in these Ts and Cs.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights in any content of the site and application (including but not limited to text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. These are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these Ts and Cs gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the site or application. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the site or application (only as permitted under these Ts and Cs), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
You must not use any part of the materials on the site or application for commercial purposes without obtaining a prior written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the site or application in breach of these Ts and Cs, your right to use the site and/or application will cease immediately and you must, at our option, either return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
SITE AND APPLICATION FEATURES AND CONTENT
We may change the format, features and content of the site or application from time to time. You agree that your use of the site or application is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that content on the site or application consisting of information of which we are the source is correct, you acknowledge that the site and application may make content available which is derived from a number of sources, for which we are not responsible. In all cases, information on the site and application is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed.
You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
We make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the site and application and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded and we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the site or application or relying on any of its content.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the site or application will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
The site and application may, from time to time, include links to external websites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. We accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The fact that we include links to such external websites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
Please note that, if you l ook into or apply for an open position through the “Careers” section of the site or application , you will be automatically redirected to a workable.com URL operated by Workable, in which case Workable’s terms and conditions and policies shall apply.
You may be able to create a Workable account and then access to said Workable account through your LinkedIn profile, or connect your Workable account to your LinkedIn profile.
All such software is solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
OUR RIGHTS AND LIABILITY
We may subcontract the performance of any or all of our duties and obligations under these Ts and Cs as we shall in our absolute discretion consider necessary or expedient, provided that the we remain liable for the acts and omissions of those subcontractors as if they were our own.
Nothing in these Ts and Cs shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter;
- for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded; or
- for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
The material displayed on the site and application is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the site or application or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the site or application, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under any contract that is caused by events outside our control as defined in clause 19 below.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the site or application; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the site or application.
Commentary and other materials posted on the site or application are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the site or application, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the site or application or any content on them, whether express or implied.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
In this section an “event outside our control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, snow, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, failure of public or private telecommunications networks, impossibility of the use of motor transport or other means of public or private transport, road traffic accidents, road closures or mechanical failure.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these Ts and Cs, that is caused by an event outside our control.
If an event outside our control takes place that affects our performance of our obligations under these Ts and Cs:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you;
- we shall not be liable to you for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Ts and Cs as a result of an event outside our control; and
- we shall use reasonable endeavours to minimise any disruption to the services.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SITE OR APPLICATION
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the site or application by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site or application, the server on which they are stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site or application. You must not attack the site or application via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this clause 21, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site and application will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, mobile equipment, mobile programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or application or to your downloading of any material posted on them, or on any website linked to them.
You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights or obligations under any contract with us, including but not limited to your rights and obligations under these Ts and Cs.
All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the services shall, as between you and us, be owned by us.
These Ts and Cs are between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the provisions of these Ts and Cs, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the email address set out at the end of these Ts and Cs. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us.
All notices served in relation to these Ts and Cs may be served by email.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights under these Ts and Cs, that does not result in a waiver of that right.
If any provision of these Ts and Cs is found to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain unaffected.
These Ts and Cs may not be varied except with our express written consent.
These Ts and Cs and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of any contract. We are required by law to advise you that contracts may be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT JURISDICTION
These Ts and Cs, their subject matter and their formation shall be governed by English law, except if you live in a country (which, for these purposes, includes Scotland or Northern Ireland) of the European Union other than England, in which case there may be certain mandatory applicable laws of your country which shall apply for your benefit and protection in addition to or instead of certain provisions of English law.
Any dispute or claim in relation to these Ts and Cs (whether contractual or non-contractual) will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland. Moreover, if you reside in another country within the European Union, you may, in some instances, also bring proceedings in your home country.
The provisions of clause 22 above are subject to the mandatory provisions which could apply to you in terms of applicable law or competent jurisdiction because of the country where you are based or because of being a consumer.
As a consumer you have legal rights in relation to services not carried out with reasonable care and skill. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office. Nothing in these Ts and Cs will affect these legal rights, or equivalent in your country.
The European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr provides information about alternative dispute resolution which may be of interest.
Please submit any questions you may have about these Ts and Cs or any complaint or concern in relation to any service by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .